- This event has passed.
Cryptocurrency in Japan
October 7 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm KST
Come this Saturday, October 7th, at 5:00pm to meet up with two members from Japan’s cryptocurrency scene! Bitcoin Center Korea will be hosting a presentation/meetup event here at BCK in Itaewon for Mr. Koji Higashi and Mr. Hiroyuki Mihara. Koji Higashi
– Co-founder of IndieSuqare, the first company to deliver a functional mobile token wallet with decentralized exchange built-in through the Counterparty protocol.
Also, one of the most well-known Bitcoiners in the Japanese crypto space. Bitcoin/blockchain writer, blogger, as well as Youtuber, keeping the Japanese community engaged and up to date.
– COO of Bitbank, one of the prominent cryptocurrency exchanges in Japan. Hiroyuki is also one of the early Bitcoin adopters in Japan and while working at an exchange, he is passionate about how blockchain technology can impact the society and change the roles of governments in the future.
Sample of Topics to be discussed:
– Characteristics and transformation of the Japanese crypto space and what we can learn from them.
– The new blockchain token economy and what we are expected to see in the near future(including ICOs)
– Introducing key players and companies in Japan
::: Update :::
Sharing some of Koji’s reference links for those who were interested in further information about Japan and the presentation at this event!
Koji’s write up of visiting Korea (in Japanese):
Koji’s medium post(English):
The article Koji wrote before coming to Korea:
Observation about the altcoin bubble that Japan helped create this year: